Contact Motorway Cameras
If you require CCTV footage please read the CCTV Footage Requests section at the bottom of this page for further information as we do not accept CCTV footage requests via this web site. For all other enquiries, please complete the form below.
CCTV Footage Requests
If you require CCTV footage of an incident you have been involved in please be aware of the following before requesting any footage:
- Cameras are installed to see overall traffic conditions, not individual vehicles
- Cameras are not installed in all areas or pointing in all directions, consequently the chances of having a camera in the area and pointing in the right direction is limited
- If footage of an incident is available then, generally, it will not be zoomed in and may not show details such as number plates and faces
- If the footage shows another vehicle's details, such as the number plate, it may not be possible to release this information to the public under Data Protection Act. This would result in the footage being released with certain details being obscured or blurred
- If footage is available and releasable you will be asked to provide formal identification prior to the footage being sent
- If, having been advised of the above, you wish to proceed you must provide detailed and specific information on the date, time and location of the incident, including the direction of travel. Without these pieces of information it will not be possible to locate any relevant footage
- The Department for Transport (DfT), like all other government departments, is a Public Authority to which the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act applies. The Department is comprised of a central policy organisation and several executive agencies. The executive agencies are part of the Department for this and other purposes - they have no separate legal identity and are not Public Authorities in their own right.
To make a Freedom of Information (FOI) Act request to any part of DfT please write to:
National Traffic Operations Centre
Quinton Business Park
Telephone: 0300 123 5000
We do not accept CCTV footage requests via this web site. For all other enquiries, please complete the form above.